Balsamic Tomato & Rice Soup
Wrap your taste buds in a savory blanket of delicious flavors with our Tabatchnick Balsamic Tomato and Basil soup. This slightly sweet, slightly acidic recipe is one of our most treasured comfort foods, delighting young and old with soothing aromas and wholesome ingredients. Cooked oh-so-slowly in small batches, our Balsamic Tomato and Bail soup is made by our family of fifth generation soup makers.
Ingredients: Tomatoes (diced tomatoes, tomato juice), water, onions, celery, green bell peppers, brown rice, parsley, sugar, tomato paste, canola/soybean oil, salt, mirepoix (sauteed vegetables [carrots, celery, onions], soybean oil, salt, sugar,
maltodextrin, modified corn starch, natural flavor), spices, xanthan gum.
DIRECTIONS FOR REGULAR TABATCHNICK SOUPS
For quality and safety, please heat thoroughly to at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking appliances vary, so adjustment of cook times and heat settings may be required.
MICROWAVE (PREFERRED METHOD):
1. Slit bag on one side diagonally making a large X from corner to corner
2. Place bag with slit side facing down in a NON-METALLIC BOWL.
3. Microwave 1 bag on high for 4 1/2 minutes or until hot (because of differences in microwave ovens, heating times may vary).
4. Pinch plastic bag from middle of uncut side, lift from bowl. Contents will empty into bowl. CAREFUL, it will be hot!
5. Stir well before serving.
1. Remove frozen pouch of soup from box.
2. Open pouch, remove soup and place in microwave-safe bowl.
3. Place bowl in microwave on high for 4 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STOVETOP (ALTERNATE METHOD):
Remove frozen pouch of soup from box. Place unopened pouch in saucepan with water and bring to a boil. (Do not cover.) Continue boiling for 15 minutes. Slit pouch open, serve, and enjoy!